The School Council consists of seven elected parent members, appointed by the School Council, three staff representatives, plus the School Principal. Members are elected by ballot for a two-year term. Elections take place in February/March.
A retiring member is eligible for re-election. Each February the Principal informs the school community of the election procedure for School Council. A new council is formed each March.
Meetings are held in the school on the third Monday of each month at 7.00pm
Mr Andrew Foskett is our current School Council President.
School Council Sub-Committees include:
- Buildings and Grounds
Council may also form teams to manage special projects.
The range of roles and responsibilities of School Council include:
- determining the general education policy of the school
- developing the school Strategic Plan
- reporting annually to the school community
- approving and monitoring the school budget
- generally stimulating interest in the school.
The Principal, as the Executive Officer of Council, and other staff are available to provide advice and assistance for Council to carry out its role.